Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Little Nip and Tuck on the Plate Wall

I hope you know this was inevitable. I am a tweaker.... a nip and tucker of the home decor. I just can't help myself...I'm never satisfied. After finding this amazingly adorable font last week, I simply cannot get enough of it. You can find it at Lettering Delights. It is called "In Good Company". Love, love, love it. Couches, chairs, setteees, lamps, dressers, frames...all sorts of yummy goodness!



I never got around to putting anything on this platter, and now I know why. It was just waiting for this little vinyl settee silhouette. It fits the scale of the small platter perfectly.



A nice wingback chair silhouette fills out this 25 cent yard sale plate just right!




I don't know what kind of chair this is, but it's so simple and elegant...I had to have it on my plate wall.




Now I feel like this wall is truly complete and, dare I say it? Just about near perfect. I love the elegance of these silhouettes and how they seem to tie the whole grouping togther. Before it was cute, but it was pretty much just a mish mash of things...a chandelier, a face silhouette...it didn't flow. Now I feel like this wall has the cohesion that it lacked. I thought I loved it before, but now I am head over heels in love with it! If I could only stop obsessing over projects that were already completed and work on the rest of the room....I might be able to actually finish it before I die. Hmmmmmm..............




31 comments:

BLJ Graves Studio said...

I agree... I really liked the before, but I like this even better. Great job! :-)

Stacie said...

Love it--and glad to know that someone else puts something up around the house and then fusses with it until it is just right!

Under this Umbrella said...

Oh my goodness. I totally agree. I thought I loved it before, now I am IN LOVE with it. It looks fantastic. Enjoy it!
(Don't worry about the unfinished products...at least this one is done and is FABULOUS).

Jenn said...

You nailed it!! I absolutely love it!!

Nikki Painter said...

I love it!! I need you to come help me re-do this scary chair I toild you about. I found fabric and am ready!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Looooooove!!!!

Angela said...

The perfect touch!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love the detail edging in your platter, Amanda! The settee was a good size to put on that, too! These would fit in so well in my black and white living room.

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Looked great before but even better now!!! Oh, how I wish I had a cricut....

Best wishes,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE it! I'm waiting for my SCAL to arrive, then I'll be a cutting fool! Thank you for all the inspiration you provide, it is much appreciated!!

Tracy said...

Oh ... I am lovin' that!!!!!
Definitely one a kind ... but not for long I'm sure. You really are an inspiration.

Brittany said...

i'm in love, i love black & white.

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I am in love!! With all of it! I just found your fabulous blog and need to see what else you have up your sleeve. And I need to read this post again slowly to see if I can make one too.

Unknown said...

That looks GORGEOUS! Truly beautiful, girl!

I wanna do some now....

:)

Unknown said...

You are so funny, it was perfect before, but now, it is amazingly perfect. So cute. Great idea.
Brooke

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Ohhhh, I love it!!!! It really looks done now Amanda. I don't think it could be any cuter!

Email me, will you?

XOOX
Jen

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

How stinkin' cute is that! I love it!

Unknown said...

Great idea and so elegant! Just found your blog-I love it.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

I agree that completed it. I am now collecting black and white plates for my niece. I wish I had more wall space!

Katie said...

Such a cute idea!!

Jamie said...

Okay, I saw "nip and tuck" and thought, "Holy crow! Amanda's having plastic surgery and going to tell everybody about it! Why does she think she needs surgery!" I was so relieved and impressed by what it was really about! GORGEOUS! I'm working up my courage to get SCAL and do more with my cricut.

Unknown said...

Oh! I just love those! I have that same platter, though mine is actually used for serving... I think I need to find a new server. lol

Would you ever consider selling some of those vinyls in your Etsy? {email me}

Richella Parham said...

You are so very, very cute. Like, adorable. I love the way you nip and tuck and tweak--and share it with us!

Love you!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh how I love your wall of black and white plates. Just gorgeous! Really loving the silhouette on the platter.
I love your style.

Lee Ann

Pam Walter said...

That plate wall is awesome! Don't feel like you're alone -- I'm an endless nip and tucker also. www.satisfiedsole.com

K said...

LOVE!! I'm totally stealing this, btw... Target is currently clearancing out some black and white plates in their decor section that would look LOVELY in that arrangement.

Also, I have something for you on my blog; come see! :)

http://theclevermommy.blogspot.com/2010/04/winner-winner.html

Kelly said...

Just love your, "Pottery Barn Inspired Plate Wall." It looks great!!!
Kelly Bookend Diaries
http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Love love love these plates!!!

Oh My Baby said...

i looks fabulous!

When you get new designs and fonts from those other sites, how do you use them with the sure cuts a lot program?

Anonymous said...

I'm a tweaker as well and I love seeing your updated shots.

Unknown said...

I need a rug for Carpet Cleaning Halifax.Please share some more tips about it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin