Thursday, April 8, 2010

Parade of Mantels


The Nester is hosting a Mantel Party today and I just couldn't resist linking up. I am all about the decorating of the mantel. In fact, I probably change mine as much as I change my shoes! So, today I thought I'd show some of the many sides of my mantel decor.



I wish I cold take credit for this amazing vignette, but sadly I cannot. It was in my inspiration folder, under "obsession". LOVE all these different silhouettes...especially the one with the full length plaid dress!!! I think I could recreate this look with my printer and some fabric scraps.


Here are a few of my holiday mantels. The holidays are my favorite time of the year to dress my mantel. Halloween is a new one for me. I just got into decorating for it a couple years ago, and it quickly spiraled out of control. Spooky chic is what I like to call this style!



Last year's Thanksgiving mantel. Now that I look closer, I can see that my wreath needs some high heels...just a little boost, maybe a ribbon hanger.



Glitz and glam. Does it look like Christmas threw up on my mantel?



A new take on the glitz and glam Christmas.....a little less glitz and a bit more glam. Thanks Nester for the heads up on those adorable white feather trees from Dayspring!



This is definitely more of a minimalist look than I usually go for. It was a fun distraction for a day or two, while I photographed my word art. Speaking of which, I am a nervous wreck. Theses pieces are in a silent auction tonight to benefit the art program at my boys' school. Why am I so nervous???


Sometimes I like to change up my mantel completely. More often than not, all it takes is a small tweak here and there to get it just right. This set up was ok, but I didn't love it. But with some fluffing and puffing..........



......And a bit of indiscriminate tweaking, I think I got it just right. For now, anyway. I'm sure by next week, I will be itching for a new look, and it will be completely different. Issues, I tell ya...I have lots of them!



20 comments:

Angie Holden said...

Gorgeous mantles!!! I love that turquiose plate in that last one...seriously jealous!

sara said...

I love all of the different looks! Each one is cuter than the other!

Unknown said...

Very neat mantels! My favorite is the last one; I like the brown and turquoise together. Looks great against the white brick. Thanks for sharing all your displays!


Nancy

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Don't we all have issues? Sigh. I could give a psychiatrist some decent work. ;) I love your mantels...you have such a flair for them.

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

I personally have Tennis Shoes (10 Issues).
My mantles don't receive quite as much "love" as yours does.
I think they must feel neglected :)
I adore the LOVE and HELLO signs!
So very unique!
I enjoyed looking at your mantle re-dos!
Blessings from my home to yours!

Leanne said...

I love all your mantels. I love the colors in the last pictures. So pretty for Spring. I'm sure your art pieces will bring in a lot of money for the school. You did an amazing job on them.

Love the Decor! said...

Love all your "looks"
Makes me wish for a mantel!!

Under this Umbrella said...

Oh I have been OBSESSED with that first one since I laid eyes on it. did you post it before or was it The Nester?

I adore your mantels and I feel they should be changed often too. It is just perfect!!

Your word art will do FABULOUS tonight. Keep us posted!

Kristina P. said...

This makes me so depressed that I don't have a mantle!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love every mantel you do! It looks great right now. I have my Easter decor up still on mine. I'll change it early next week.

More than a Mom said...

I love the teal and the artwork on your mantel! Beautiful work.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love all of the fun things you do with your mantle. I love changing mine up too! I think my favorite is the blue and brown version with the canvas. Love that!

XOOX
Jen

Melanie said...

I love how you change your mantle up so frequently! Too often, I think it is just easy to forget & leave it as is. That last look is gorgeous & I love colors, the brown & aqua are fantastic! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful ideas!

FrouFrouBritches said...

I'm with ya on that plaid dress silhouette - GORGEOUS!! It is totally different than anything I've ever seen. All of your mantels are GREAT! If you're ever in Arkansas, feel free to come put your magic touch on mine! It's AWFUL!

Beth said...

I adore your last one! I think the art behind the plate gives it great height and more color on the plain brick. Definitely my favorite!

Unknown said...

you always have such nice mantles, your photographs are wonderful, but do not do them justice :)

love you

Tracey said...

Love the colors and layering!

Nishant said...

love all of the different looks! Each one is cuter than the other!
free classified india

Lisa B. said...

Oh my! I love the first and last one. Thanks for sharing.

Christin said...

Love your many mantels! Mine has a tv over it - makes me sad, but I try and decorate the little bit of shelving that is left over at least.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin